These are the 2 works that I've did while learning advanced graphics rendering techniques
1. Reflection mapping
Basically, the idea is to rendering the scene on 2 passes. The 1st pass would place the camera right below the objects from the table's point of view and takes a snapshot of it. The picture is then textured on the table, adding alpha blending to make it seem like the table has a reflective surface. The second pass would rendering the scene from the user's point of view together with the reflection. The results are as follows,

2. Radiosity
The is a powerful global illumination technique that progressively apply the radiosity algorithm to simulate global light. In this assignment, we are suppose to create our own models and apply radiosity solver to it.
This is how the model looks like without radiosity

This is how it looks like after radiosity solver is applied.

Hello, I'm also taking CS4247 this semester and trying to finish assignment1, but I was a bit confused about what you mean by "from the table's point of view", can you clarify it a bit?
ReplyDeletedo I need to take a snapshot every time when changing the point of view?
ReplyDelete